Thursday, May 24, 2012

Never Ending...

Is it just me, or does one remodeling/redecorating project turn into at least 7? We have done so much work to our home over the past 2 years or so, and I thought we were in the homestretch. I suppose we are, in the sense that several of the big projects are completed, but now my attention is being drawn to all of the little projects that I never even thought about before. I think I am going to have to go room by room and make a list of projects that still need completed. In the meantime, here are the major projects that we have managed to cross off our list, along with a few that still remain:

  • Convert Sun Room into new Master Bedroom
  • Convert Old Master into Devin's room
  • Replace Hardwood Floors through out house
  • Remove existing Hardwood floors in bedrooms and replace with carpet
  • Replace Roof
  • Paint each bedroom
  • Remove weird partition above kitchen cabinets and open up the wall above  the cabinets
  • Paint Kitchen Cabinets
  • Install Wainscoting around Kitchen Island
  • Install crown molding through out house

I could keep going, but maybe I should just list it room by room in separate posts. I wish I had known I would be starting a blog, I would have taken before and after pictures. But I do have some "during" pictures of the bedrooms that I can share.



Old Master now Devin's room.



 This wall was added, to close off the room from the new hallway extension. We added the closet to this wall as well.



Jaxson checking out the new carpet.



Andrew's room, painted yellow. Not much was done to this room, just a new wall color, painted the trim white, installed a new ceiling fan, door and closet doors.



After the carpet installation. I promise the room isn't bright yellow, I took these pictures with my camera phone, so they aren't the best quality. Again, Jaxson had to check out the new carpet.




Playing on the carpet while Mommy and Daddy put the new furniture together.



Andrew's crib bedding




Jaxson's room, painted bright green.




I love the color of his room, it's so vibrant without being blindingly bright.



 It took me FOREVER to find dinosaur bedding that would still fit a crib mattress. We have since converted his crib into a toddler bed, but still use the same mattress. I literally found ONE dinosaur crib set, but didn't like the colors. It was dark brown, dark red and yellow. Very dull. I bought it, hoping it would be better in person and it wasn't. Luckily I never opened it and was able to return it once I found this set. 


Since this is rather long, I will show the picture of our master bedroom in a separate post.

No comments:

Post a Comment