Tuesday, March 27, 2012

How To Create A Cleaning Schedule That Works For You

One of the first things on my journey to a cleaner, more organized home, was to create a cleaning schedule. This way, not only do I stay on track each day, but I no longer have to try and remember when I last cleaned the bathroom, mopped the floors, etc. It also gave me another excuse to make a list. I LOVE to make lists, just so I can check things off. It gives me a bigger sense of accomplishment. Plus it allows me to focus more on things that I have actually finished (positive), instead of just the things that I still need to do (negative).

First, I made a list of all cleaning tasks that need to be done on a daily basis. For me this is loading/unloading the dishwasher, sweeping the floors, wiping off counters, etc.

I next listed those chores I wanted to complete on a weekly basis: Cleaning the bathrooms, mopping the floors, etc. My last list were chores that need done on a monthly or as needed basis, such as cleaning baseboards, cleaning carpets/upholstery or dusting ceiling fans and blinds. I then compiled these lists into checklists and printed them.




I keep these in my Household Management Binder and check off the tasks as I complete them. The Monthly Cleaning Checklist I only need to print once per year. I check off each task as I complete it each month and I have space at the bottom to add additional tasks if needed. The Weekly Cleaning Checklist has my daily tasks for the week at the top (broken down by morning, afternoon and evening) and my once per week tasks are at the bottom. It's simple and it's specific to my needs and keeps me focused on a routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment